Subject: Re: Rotating wheel dilema...
From: "Glenn M. Lewis - MPG DA ~" <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Paige <[email-masked]>
Cc: Adrian Onsen <[email-masked]>, Lightwave Mailing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 95 07:44:25 PDT

Dave> I've been doing this kind of motion since Lightwave 1.0 using
Dave> proper placement of keyframes. It's not that hard at all. And
Dave> ever since Lightwave added spline controls you can also use
Dave> tension to cause and ease in or ease out.

Dave> Lightwave will already save a motion file separately for each
Dave> object if you choose, that's been available since 1.0 also I
Dave> believe. You can then load that motion for any other objects
Dave> you like.

	Thanks for the information, Dave!  I guess my wording was a
bit too strong.  My application was a bit more complex... I wanted
two wheels (here is a front view:   |-+-| ) to absolutely stick to the
ground no matter where I steered this two-wheeled contraption.  This
was not possible in LightWave without either that 3rd-party tool or
me writing a program that would output a scene or motion file.

	Since that explanation is pretty poor, feel free to check out
http://www.c2.org/~glewis/graphics.html  and check out the paragraph
near the end that talks about BMRT, motion.c, and "MPEG animation" to
see what kind of motion I am talking about.

							-- Glenn

Glenn Lewis | [email-masked] | These are my opinions...not Intel's
<URL:http://www.c2.org/~glewis/>
--
"Glenn M. Lewis - MPG DA ~" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]